Saturday, June 27, 2009
So this is what it's like....
So this is what it's like to have a sick child. UGH. I have had a lot of life experience that has helped me be a better mom, but in all my years of baby sitting I never had to care for a sick infant. I felt so helpless and in shock when he started vomiting all over me and my seat neighbor at WIC. Thank goodness Shon was there to help, I don't know how I would have managed without him. I didn't know a baby could hold so much liquid. Even after this geyser erupted at WIC there was still enough vomit left to make a lake of vomit in his carseat on the way home. Luckily for us he's remained fairly good spirited through all of this and is feeling better today. I feel so blessed to have such good health insurance. We had to call the pediatrition on call last night and had an appointment today. Cam is keeping down liquids now and seems to be doing well overall.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh no, poor little guys. Now imagin doing this while driving down a freeway, holding a bag under his mouth. Then taking care of him and another child while in a hotel in all by yourself. No fun. Puking is not for the week.
ReplyDeleteglad he is doing better.
ReplyDelete