Friday, August 7, 2009

Over due update

Sorry I haven't been posting much.

Cam has been to two different developmental specialists. The first one said that Cameron is not grossly behind and that he falls within the not more behind than 1/3 his age rule...or something like that. He still wants to follow up with us so we have another appointment. He also wanted a second opinion so we went to see another lady. She didn't give specifics one where she thinks Cameron is but did give us exercises to do with him. It's really more playing that is structured and he enjoys it. I am happy to say that Cam is a pro stander now, although he of course needs help to balance.

Today I didn't have any clean bottles. (they were being washed in the dishwasher at the moment) So I decided to let Cam try to have a full meal of milk from his sippy cup. For once he didn't spill everywhere. It was great. Normally he opens his full mouth and drops juice or water everywhere. He's also holding it pretty good on his own. He goes through phases where he likes to hold it and then he will go for a while where he wants me to do it. He just got a new sippy that doesn't have a soft top and he can't quite figure that one out yet. He just bites it and nothing comes out so he moves on.

It finally happened today. My son is a rocker like Shon and Leah. We were doing his exercises (the one where he sits in my lap) and instead of bending to get the toy like he's supposed to he just decided to rock back and forth. He did this for a good bit before getting back with the program. I think it's cute. I wonder if it was a one time thing or if it will stick?

Cameron's eating a lot more table foods which is nice. Tonight he shared some pasta with me and he loved it. He also eats dices of veggies.

There's a hurricane headed straight for the islands. We'll know Monday if we should be worried. It is expected to downgrade to a tropical storm or nothing at all by the time it reaches us. There's another storm behind it but they say not to worry about that one. We're all stocked up on supplies so we'll be okay. I just hope the power and water stay functioning.

Shon and I have been just hanging out in our free time. Playing a lot of Catan. We just got the seafarers and cities & knights expansions.

2 comments:

  1. That's funny that Cam rocked like Shon. Maybe it really is a genetic thing. So funny. I'm glad to here he is doing well.

    ReplyDelete