So today after Shon left for work I decided I had to go to Costco to get diapers. Literally moments after he left I attempted to leave only to be stopped in my tracks shortly after opening my door. I noticed right before it was too late that there was a spider with the wingspan of my hand tip of middle finger to wrist! Oh how I love living in paradise. So, frozen with fear I call my neighbor, but it turns out she too is terrified of these beasts. I had to "man" up and take care of this myself. I didn't want that thing in my home so I shut the door and grabbed 2 cans of raid. I put Cam in his excersaucer and went around back. I couldn't see the spider through the screen so I just started soaking my front door. Nothing. I slowly pull open the screen and he's movin pretty fast and looks mad. So I slam the screen shut and continue dousing my screen area in raid. He sprints up the screen into view and that was it for him. I drowned him in raid and he fell down and died. I was too afraid to open the screen again so I called my dad for a little courage. I finally got the guts up to open it again and this is what I found. The post it is for size reference. Usually spiders are tiny when they are dead and curled up but not this monster. Man I wish I could have gotten out of that but I was not about to play the where's the spider game for weeks. (Like we did right before and after Cameron was born.)
Monday, July 6, 2009
OH EM GEEEEE
So today after Shon left for work I decided I had to go to Costco to get diapers. Literally moments after he left I attempted to leave only to be stopped in my tracks shortly after opening my door. I noticed right before it was too late that there was a spider with the wingspan of my hand tip of middle finger to wrist! Oh how I love living in paradise. So, frozen with fear I call my neighbor, but it turns out she too is terrified of these beasts. I had to "man" up and take care of this myself. I didn't want that thing in my home so I shut the door and grabbed 2 cans of raid. I put Cam in his excersaucer and went around back. I couldn't see the spider through the screen so I just started soaking my front door. Nothing. I slowly pull open the screen and he's movin pretty fast and looks mad. So I slam the screen shut and continue dousing my screen area in raid. He sprints up the screen into view and that was it for him. I drowned him in raid and he fell down and died. I was too afraid to open the screen again so I called my dad for a little courage. I finally got the guts up to open it again and this is what I found. The post it is for size reference. Usually spiders are tiny when they are dead and curled up but not this monster. Man I wish I could have gotten out of that but I was not about to play the where's the spider game for weeks. (Like we did right before and after Cameron was born.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow! I'm scared just reading about it. That thing is huge! I want to scream with you. Good thing you didn't call me.
ReplyDeleteI soooooo feel for you, Tasha! I hate spiders, too, and that monster would have freaked me out, too!
ReplyDeleteYour cousin,
Cheri